Case Study- CHI Health
Market Director, Primary Care
Problem: Thousands of patients are overdue and eligible for their Medicare Annual Wellness Visit (AWV).
This equates to low AWV metric performance and lost revenue.
PROBLEMS with Status Quo:
- Robocalls and cold calling of patients by call center schedulers have low success rates of scheduling an AWV.
- Dedicated AWV nurses were not at full productivity due to the low scheduling rate.
- The cost of the AWV infrastructure was higher than the revenue from AWV’s being completed.
SOLUTION: Async Video Tech
- Created the webpage that housed the async video, testimonials, and ways to direct schedule the AWV.
- Marketing campaigns were pushed to patients, including emails, portal messages, and letters with QR codes.
- The video includes direct links to schedule, whether the patient was watching on their computer or phone.
- The leadership team & HCT advisor regularly reviewed analytic performance to assess the impact of the marketing campaigns and drive strategy.
- Hundreds of inbound AWV appointment requests from patients.
- More than doubled the number of patients who scheduled an AWV each week.
- Increased the productivity of the nurses by 10 percentage points within two months.
- Increased the AWV metric performance by 7 percentage points within two months.
"If every patient could watch the video and then inbound schedule, that would be ideal."